Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Lead R&D projects such as the design and development of new devices and improvements to existing devices.
- Work with staff, physicians, and researchers to review literature, analyze data, assess opportunities, advance new product concepts and improvements, generate requirements, develop designs, and support laboratory tests.
- Effectively work and provide R&D support within a team of multiple departments (e.g., Engineering, Regulatory, Quality, Clinical Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, R&D, etc.) necessary to achieve project goals and objectives, all within a given timeframe and budget.
- Provide field support for commercial use and clinical studies to evaluate the feasibility, efficacy, safety, and overall performance of new and existing neurostimulation systems.
- Support education and training of clinicians and their staff in the use of the Company’s products.
- Interface directly with key opinion leaders, key customers, end-users, and team members in the coordination and generation of product requirements and specifications and in the education of the use of the Company’s products.
- Support efforts to obtain extramural funding (e.g., grants, contracts, etc.) to advance R&D projects.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all SPR products and relevant scientific and clinical data, facilitating clear and effective communication with all types of users of the Company’s products.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, MEng, or PhD) in Biomedical Engineering or related field. Will consider Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering with 7+ years of experience related to medical device design.
- 5+ years of experience following advanced degree in medical device industry (electrical stimulation preferred).
- Proficient in electrical stimulation, neuromodulation, or neural engineering; human anatomy; neuroanatomy; and electronic circuits.
- Familiar with standard medical industry documentation methods such as bill of materials, component specifications documents, hazard / risk assessment processes, FMEA, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25%.
- Experience analyzing scientific data, reviewing literature, and supporting generation of grant and/or contract proposals.
- Experience working in clinical settings with healthcare providers and patients.
- Experience creating and executing project plans and study protocols.
- 3+ years of experience in delivery of therapeutic neurostimulation in clinical research and/or commercial cases.
Why Join Our Team?
- Voted Top Workplace in 2022
- Competitive salary with company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Entrepreneurial work environment – A high growth oriented and collaborative atmosphere in the medical device industry!
- Data-driven and outcome-focused
- Opportunity to work with game changing equipment/technology.
- Passion for improving the lives of millions of pain sufferers
We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Background Check conducted.
Please complete the following to apply: