Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Lead R&D projects such as the design and development of new devices and improvements to existing devices.
- Work with staff, physicians, and researchers to review literature, analyze data, assess opportunities, advance new product concepts and improvements, generate requirements, develop designs, and support laboratory tests.
- Effectively work and provide R&D support within a team of multiple departments (e.g., Engineering, Regulatory, Quality, Clinical Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, R&D, etc.) necessary to achieve project goals and objectives, all within a given timeframe and budget.
- Provide field support for commercial use and clinical studies to evaluate the feasibility, efficacy, safety, and overall performance of new and existing neurostimulation systems.
- Support education and training of clinicians and their staff in the use of the Company’s products.
- Interface directly with key opinion leaders, key customers, end-users, and team members in the coordination and generation of product requirements and specifications and in the education of the use of the Company’s products.
- Support efforts to obtain extramural funding (e.g., grants, contracts, etc.) to advance R&D projects.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all SPR products and relevant scientific and clinical data, facilitating clear and effective communication with all types of users of the Company’s products.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, MEng, or PhD) in Biomedical Engineering or related field. Will consider Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering with 7+ years of experience related to medical device design.
- 5+ years of experience following advanced degree in medical device industry (electrical stimulation preferred).
- Proficient in electrical stimulation, neuromodulation, or neural engineering; human anatomy; neuroanatomy; and electronic circuits.
- Familiar with standard medical industry documentation methods such as bill of materials, component specifications documents, hazard / risk assessment processes, FMEA, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25%.
- Experience analyzing scientific data, reviewing literature, and supporting generation of grant and/or contract proposals.
- Experience working in clinical settings with healthcare providers and patients.
- Experience creating and executing project plans and study protocols.
- 3+ years of experience in delivery of therapeutic neurostimulation in clinical research and/or commercial cases.
Why Join Our Team?
- Voted Top Workplace in 2022
- Competitive salary with company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Entrepreneurial work environment – A high growth oriented and collaborative atmosphere in the medical device industry!
- Data-driven and outcome-focused
- Opportunity to work with game changing equipment/technology.
- Passion for improving the lives of millions of pain sufferers
We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Background Check conducted.