Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Excellent opportunity to make significant contributions to innovative neuromodulation research with a game changing pain management device company! Will support multiple aspects of Research and Development (R&D) projects and provide field support for clinical studies.
• Support R&D projects such as the design, preparation, execution, analysis, and advancement of research projects, including clinical research studies.
• Work with staff, physicians, and researchers to review literature, analyze data, assess opportunities, advance new product concepts and improvements, generate requirements, develop designs, and support laboratory tests.
• Effectively work and provide R&D support within a team of multiple departments (e.g., Engineering, Regulatory, Quality, Clinical Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, R&D, etc.) necessary to achieve project goals and objectives, all within a given timeframe and budget.
• Provide field support for clinical studies and evaluate the feasibility, efficacy, safety, and overall performance of new and existing neurostimulation systems.
• Support scientific/clinical publication, presentation, literature review, and messaging in coordination with internal and external members of a multidisciplinary team.
• Support education and training of clinicians and their staff in the use of the Company’s products.
• Support efforts to obtain extramural funding (e.g., grants, contracts, etc.) to advance R&D projects.
• Maintain expert knowledge of all SPR products and relevant scientific and clinical data, facilitating clear and effective communication with all types of users of the Company’s products.
• Advanced degree (e.g., MS, MEng, or PhD) in Biomedical Engineering or related field. Will consider Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering with 3+ years of related medical device or clinical research experience.
• Proficient in electrical stimulation, neuromodulation , or neural engineering; human anatomy; neuroanatomy; and electronic circuits.
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20%.
• Experience analyzing scientific data, reviewing literature, and supporting generation of grant and/or contract proposals.
• Experience working in clinical settings with healthcare providers and patients.
• Experience creating and executing project plans and study protocols.
• Experience in delivery of therapeutic neurostimulation in clinical research and/or commercial cases.
Why Join Our Team?
• Entrepreneurial work environment – A growth oriented and collaborative atmosphere in the medical device industry!
• Data-driven and outcome-focused
• Opportunity to work with game changing equipment/technology.
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Passion for our mission