skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Research & Development Engineer
Chapel Hill, NC
- Work with staff, physicians, and researchers to assess opportunities, advance new product concepts, generate requirements, develop designs, lead and support laboratory tests, support pre-clinical and clinical evaluations, and transfer new products to manufacturing.
- Serve as a key individual able to support a variety of R&D activities, including the design, preparation, execution of research studies and R&D projects.
- Provide field clinical engineering support for clinical studies to evaluate the feasibility, efficacy and safety of novel neurostimulation systems.
- Data analysis and literature reviews for research studies and/or R&D projects
- Provide field clinical engineering support for commercial use of SPR products.
- Summarize and communicate input from experiences in the field.
- Must have a Master’s Degree or higher in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Experience in neural engineering and/or electrical stimulation of the nervous stimulation in the medical device industry is highly desirable.
- Experience analyzing scientific data, reviewing literature, supporting generation of grant proposals, designing medical devices and supporting clinical use of medical devices and/or clinical research studies preferred, but not required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in engineering and manufacturing documentation and processes, test protocol development and electrical and mechanical testing equipment, statistics, electronic circuits, and computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively within a development team where leading activities in one phase or activity and supporting the efforts of other in another phase or activity.
- Willingness to travel approximately 40% of the time (flexibility and willingness to travel as needed is required).
Why Join Our Team?
- Entrepreneurial/collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible work/life balance
- Wellness Program